Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Skyrim Anyone?


I have a confession to make - one of the many things that distracts me from writing lately is Skyrim! My brother-in-law bought it for us last week and I've been a bit addicted. Nowhere near as much as my husband though. Of course since we only have one gaming-capable computer I only play when he's at work, so that could be part of it. I'm doing my best to be a good girl though. I do honestly need some downtime right now because I've got a lot I'm working through emotionally, but I'm making sure I get some writing time too!

Here's where I'm at on my goals for this week so far:


Writing Goals:

1. Five Hours Editing a Week (Ideally an hr a day M-F) Currently at an hour and a half of editing. Not quite the 2-3 hr mark I'd like to be at, but considering I had no time to write at all on Monday (other than getting my blog post up) and didn't really sleep Monday night so I was exhausted Tuesday... Well, I'm happy with where I'm at!


2. Blog on a regular basis:
Monday - Posted about these goals
Tuesday - Finally updated my blog (long over due) and posted about it.
Today - Duh :P


3. Continue to write and post reviews both here and on www.goodreads.com - Two book reviews done!


Life Goals:


1. Put more variety in our diets, try new recipes and cook more often. Done! 


2. Clean/Organize the house. First get things organized, then get on top of doing weekly chores. No progress.


3. Exercise! I actually have really good news on this front! I saw my physical therapist for the first time in a month and she was really happy about my progress. Of course this means she gave me harder exercises ... which are very uncomfortable for now... but it's still good to hear.


4. Take more pictures. Done!


All in all I'm happy with where I'm at right now at the mid-week point. I feel like I'm making good progress on most things, and considering other factors in life the last few days, I'm ok with not making progress in other areas.


Best of all? I'm very, very close to starting re-writes of Misfits! In fact, if all goes according to plan I should be starting tomorrow or Friday on the rewrites. Yay! I'm both excited and a little nervous...


How are you doing with your goals?


~ Ruthie ~ 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ruthie!

    Oh man, Skyrim. I specifically haven't bought that yet because I know it will infect my life. Good luck in trying to conquer the time sucker!

    Great job on tackling those goals! You sound like you are motivated and on track! I hope you can continue that for the rest of the week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie, I wish I were as dedicated on my goals right now as you are. Sounds like you are tearing it up with your goals and that is so very important. Keep up the amazing work. And enjoy Skyrim. :D If you are doing so great with your goals right now you won't get sucked in. You'll be able to balance it all. I got faith in you. Rock the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete