Monday, November 21, 2011

Welcome to Live, Love, Laugh, Write!




Welcome to Live, Love, Laugh, Write! My name is Ruthie. I’m a writer, wife, sister, daughter, friend, jewelry artist, and avid reader, who suffers from a variety of long term health problems and gets distracted very easily….is dinner burning? Oh good, it’s not. Where was I now? Ah yes; I am hoping to bring each and everyone of you along with me on my writing journey, sharing the laughter, frustration, chaos, and thrill of writing!


I've been writing off and on for most of my adult life, but my passion for writing started much younger than that. I have been obsessed with books since I was a little girl, and my poor Mom could barely take me to the library frequently enough! I always wanted to write. I wanted to create my own masterpiece that other kids (and later on I changed that to adults) would read, re-read, dog-ear, drop in the bath, and other wise cherish. For years I thought that wasn't possible. I was too impatient with myself, both as a child and a teenager, and I was convinced that I couldn't write anything worth reading because I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures in my head to sound right when put to paper.


Fortunately I got over that - which is a story for another day - and now I can't stop writing!


I've decided to pursue the dream of being published that I've had since I was a small girl curled up with "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe." I don't know yet if that's going to mean self-publishing, or pursuing a contract with one of the major publishing houses, but I'll get there step by step. Along the way I’ll share what I learn, keep you updated on where I’m at in the process, and share some of my short stories as well as pieces of my longer ones.


The first thing I need, obviously, is a book to sell! I am getting closer day by day to having that. I'm in the midst of the insanity known as NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and I'm having a ton of fun! That book will need a lot of work when this month is over, and I'm not sure if it'll be publishable, but I'll keep you updated as I find out! I also have a half-finished book that's currently titled, "Jemnath." I plan on picking that back up when NaNoWriMo is over. Hopefully by January or February I'll have two books in the editing and revision stage and be that much closer to my dream.


You are invited to join me on my journey! I am still in the planning stages for this blog, and I may not get everything exactly the way I want it until I'm done with NaNoWriMo, but I am bursting with ideas! So subscribe, bookmark, do whatever you need to - but come back frequently to join me on this wild magic carpet ride! 

7 comments:

  1. Nice job, Ruthie. I'll look forward to following your blog.

    I'm one of those lifelong readers, writers, creators. I think I was creating stories before I could read them or write them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave starting a blog during the month of NaNoWriMo! A blog can eat up precious hours of time! You need those hours for writing. HAHAHA God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I figured I need to start now while I can network with cool writers in the area! Thank you - both of you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. exciting, Ruthie! yay for you following your dream! wishing you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the blogosphere!!
    *cheers*

    It is very addicting, and I can't wait to see where you go with it!
    Feel free to follow me back :)

    jennimerritt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Welcome to blogland, Ruthie! I'm so happy to be on this journey with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! Thanks for the visit and sweet comment.
    This will be a fun adventure...I'll be popping in to see how it's going from time to time. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete