Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday - Achoo!


A sneeze and a box of tissues. That about wraps up my writing report for the week! Ok, so maybe there’s a little bit more too it, but not much. This week saw the end of my writing streak. I had written every day since the end of October, 38 days in a row, and it hurt to break that streak! Still, when your out with the flu, or a cold, or whatever this is, sometimes you just have to be nice to yourself.

It was a strange feeling, not writing yesterday, after so many days with out a break, even on vacation and during my sprained wrist! I was frustrated with myself, that I couldn’t get past the lethargy and write, but in the end I started to look at it from a different angle. I’m not sure, but I seriously don’t think I’ve ever written that many days without a break. Granted, some of that writing was total garbage, but I still did it, I wrote something.

Looking at it that way, I decided I had more than earned my sick day off!

Now for the big WIP’s:

“Misfits” is on the metaphorical shelf until January first, and it feels strange not to be working on it on a daily basis. On the flip side, I haven’t exactly forgotten about it. I read a short piece at the TGIO party last week, and I wrote a short story involving one of my main characters in a writing exercise last Thursday. So it’s never too far from my mind.

“Jemnath” is the working title of the book I started four years ago. It’s the name of the fantasy world the book is set in, and this week was supposed to involve me sending the book to my kindle and reading it over so I can sit down and work on completing the first draft (I’m 38k into the story). Hasn’t happened yet, but I’m still sick, and this week isn’t over yet!

Project with Meri - this story has no name yet, but we have resumed planning! We have a very basic out line and are discussing story mechanics right now. This will be a slow project because it involves coordinating thoughts and schedules, and we both get busy!

Wow - that was a longer report than I expected! I’m going to go curl up with a cup of tea now…

~ Ruthie ~

Ps. I am not affiliated with Kleenex in anyway - I just use their product a LOT.

5 comments:

  1. Just so you know... I really wanna read Misfits! So once January hits, you better edit away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You DO have a lot of writing going on! How exciting! A one day break--no big deal!
    Now get back to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did a lot, especially for being sick!

    Don't forget to go easy on yourself, and don't expect yourself to perform at NaNo levels at other times of the year. Days off are good--they help you recharge, get your ideas ordered, let new ideas work their way in. We need days off, just not too many. :)

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your WIPs! I have a lot of those on my shelf, most of which are in dire need of editing. One of which is in less need of editing, but is currently with its very first beta reader...so who knows what'll come out of that. haha

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you earned your day off and I hope you are feeling much better now.

    Writing streaks are great but I think we need an occasional break to process things and to take in things that will eventually add to our writing in one way or another. Kind of like a writers' outing. We need those.

    ReplyDelete