Sunday, April 15, 2012

Starting Strong and Finishing Weak


Cool house I see regularly :)

Time for a goals check in! How did I do this week? Well the title of the blog post says it all, I started strong and finished weak...

Writing Goals:

1. 5 Hours Editing: I haven't made any progress on this since Wednesday so I'm finishing out the week at 1:30. 

2. Blog Consistently: Monday - Setting the Goals; Tuesday - Updated my blog and posted; Wednesday - Midweek Goals Check-in; Thursday - None (but it's a day I'm allowed to skip if not inspired); Friday - Book Review; Saturday - Creative Nudge (go participate!); Sunday - this post! I'm really happy that I've managed to stay so consistent this week with blogging, especially because I've had really low focus this week.

3. Continue to write and post book reviews on GoodReads.com - 2 book reviews written, not enough, I'm really behind on these! 

4. I'm adding one - I need to visit and comment on at least 5 blogs every time I post a blog post. We'll see how it goes doing so this week! 


Awesome re-purposed type-writer - check out the source!
Life Goals:
1. Put more variety in our diet, try new recipe's and cook more often - I didn't do as well as I wanted on this one as I wanted, but I still did really good! I tried two new recipes this week (I wanted to try a third but ran out of steam) and I only fell back on making sandwiches one night this week. Woohoo!

2. Clean/Organize the house - I completely failed at this goal, but it was more important to take care of myself emotionally this week, so I'm ok with that.

3. Exercise! Not as consistent as I'd like, but I did do quite a bit this week, so I'm happy! Plus my physical therapist was really happy with my progress when we met on Monday, so that makes me really happy.

4. Take more pictures - This is another goal I did really good the first part of the week and not the second half, oh well, tomorrow is another day!


I'm a sucker for soundtracks - picked up Coyote Ugly's soundtrack this week for $5 - and listening to it right now!

So as you can tell if you actually read through all of that - it was a mixed week. I would have liked to do better, but like I said in one section, I needed to take care of myself emotionally this week, so I'm ok with not meeting at all my goals. I'm just happy I had enough presence of mind to meet any of them! I'll keep trying, one day at a time, and we'll see what this next week holds. I know one thing it'll definitely hold a giveaway, so check back for that tomorrow! 

~ Ruthie ~

3 comments:

  1. That is an amazing house! It is a great idea to visit more people because then they know where to find you!

    Well done especially on the consistent blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the blogging! I hope you can get to more editing this week. Your goals are great. I always struggle on my exercise goal. *sigh*

    Happy ROW80!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that house picture! Old houses are so wonderful.

    Give yourself a pat on the back, okay? You did *a lot* this week! You have a really big goal list, so I hope you'll be kind to yourself those weeks where it just can't all quite fit in. Take care!

    ReplyDelete