Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!!


Happy New Year! I've always found the change of the year to be both exciting and a little depressing all at once. I love that we have a new year, in which anything can happen, because it's kind of like having a blank piece of paper in front of me, just waiting for me to fill it with words. The depressing part? Well...I'm not a big fan of winter, of the storms, the cold, or the seasonal colds that normally come with it. This just plain isn't my time of the year.

Having said that, I'm really excited about this upcoming year! I'm poised to do a lot more writing, and I'm excited to see what happens as I continue to move forward with that. I have a lot more I could say on that front, but it belongs in tomorrows post, so you'll have to check back then!

Looking back at this last year I have a lot of things I could talk about, but since this is a new blog, I don't really have a ton of links that I could include like other bloggers have done. I'll save that for next year when I've been blogging here for awhile.

One thing I DID want to mention is my books read list! You may have noticed I always have three books in the left side bar. The book I'm reading on my kindle, my paper book, and the audio book I'm currently listening too. Yeah. I read a lot. Apparently not as much as I thought though.

I started recording my books read last January, and it's one thing I've managed to keep up faithfully over the course of this entire year. I have a spread sheet with the total numbers on one page, and additional pages for each and every month. It's kinda cool looking. Too me at least, but I'm a big book nerd who likes things like spread sheets. That's just me.

I read 171 books during 2011. I honestly thought the number would be higher! I've never recorded the number of books I read before though, so I have no way of knowing if this was low year or if that's actually about average. So guess what? Yup, I'm going to keep track again this year! I’m having way to much fun to stop now.

Here's the stats for this year:

171 Books Read
An Average of 14.5 books a month.
80% were fantasy or dark fantasy (ie vampires and werewolves)
27% were JV or YA fiction
Lowest #of books in a month = 5
Highest #of books in a month = 23

How many books do you read in a month? What genre? YA fiction or adult?

Who else is excited about what else this year holds???

~ Ruthie ~

Ps. The first picture is from a winter storm a few years ago - I  thought the snow covered palm trees were fun! The second picture is the last book I read his year - on audio book!

2 comments:

  1. HMMMMMMM..... I think I may have read two books this past year!!! :) Both were House of Night books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, that is a LOT of books. I'm a pretty slow reader. But last year was the first time I got really dedicated to reading a "fair bit" (for me it was a fair bit). I read 42 books... lol

    Do you use GoodReads??

    ReplyDelete